Longitude
Topic Author

Services At The Airport

Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:57 pm

Hello everyone!

Could you, please, help me better understand the situation. I need to know which services belong to the airport and which - to the separate companies. I mean, for example, parking is paid to the airport itself while the re-fueling services are paid to the fuel provider, right? How to differ them? Thank you very much!

Longe

A10WARTHOG

RE: Services At The Airport

Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:09 pm

It all depends on the airport. I have worked at one airport where you had two separate fueling companies and the parking was owned by the airport. Another the airport did the parking, fueling, FBO, and had ramp agents (contracted to ground handle a couple of airlines).

HAWK21M

Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:01 pm

As mentioned earlier....It depends on the Airport concerned & the facilaties available.
At BOM,Refuelling is either by HP,BP,IOC.
Catering can be by private hotel companies,contracted for the same.
Ground support by one Govt,One Private & one chosen operator from 01/01/09,currently it depends on the airline concern.
Parking,Navigation charges by airport authorities.

regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

Longitude
Topic Author

Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:36 pm

Thank you for the answers! Do you know which airport department is normally in charge of all airport services of such a kind? Marketing? Or which one?

Longe

Starlionblue

Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:57 pm

Quoting Longitude (Reply 3):
Thank you for the answers! Do you know which airport department is normally in charge of all airport services of such a kind? Marketing? Or which one?

That probably also depends. Different places have different nomenclature.
"There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots." - John Ringo

HAWK21M

Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:51 am

Quoting Longitude (Reply 3):

Longe

Difficult to generalize....But normally it would be Airports Authority if they have control over these services.But then it would depend on the Airport too.

regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

Longitude
Topic Author

Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:23 pm

Yeah, thanks! Already found the department Smile