Kent350787
Topic Author

Does Airbus Make Boeing Components?

Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:57 pm

A number of Airbus components are manufactured by wholly owned Boeing subsidiaries e.g Hawker de Havilland here in Oz is a supplier to both the A330/340 (winglets) and A380 programs (wingfences).

Does anyone know whether Airbus (or subsidiaries) supply Boeing Commercial?

Kent

pianos101

RE: Does Airbus Make Boeing Components?

Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:00 am

I don't think Airbus themselves are a Boeing supplier, but EADS and some of their subsidiaries are suppliers (aft pressure bulkhead for 787 i think is one example).

Needless to say, many of the partners and other suppliers make parts for Boeing, Airbus, and other airframers.

dynamicsguy

Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:18 am

Quoting Kent350787 (Thread starter):
A number of Airbus components are manufactured by wholly owned Boeing subsidiaries e.g Hawker de Havilland here in Oz is a supplier to both the A330/340 (winglets) and A380 programs (wingfences).

We make plenty more than that for Airbus between our two sites. This is largely because Boeing's acquisition of Hawker de Havilland and ASTA and their merger under the Hawker de Havilland name was relatively recent. Hawker de Havilland has remained a merchant supplier for ongoing programs. I don't think there have been any new non-Boeing programs since then.

Kent350787
Topic Author

Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:32 am

Quoting Dynamicsguy (Reply 2):
We make plenty more than that for Airbus between our two sites. This is largely because Boeing's acquisition of Hawker de Havilland and ASTA and their merger under the Hawker de Havilland name was relatively recent. Hawker de Havilland has remained a merchant supplier for ongoing programs. I don't think there have been any new non-Boeing programs since then.

Ta - the things I mentioned were the only things I could remember, seeing Boeing makes it really difficult to access HdH specific stuff on the interweb  Smile

This is a serious question, albeit also an attempt to deflate the ongoing AvB arguments around here.

Kent

dynamicsguy

Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:36 am

Quoting Kent350787 (Reply 3):
Ta - the things I mentioned were the only things I could remember, seeing Boeing makes it really difficult to access HdH specific stuff on the interweb

We're increasingly being assimilated  Smile It won't be long before the Hawker de Havilland name disappears.

I think the standalone website was taken down about 2 years ago. That site actually had a pretty decent rundown on what we did, but it became progressively out of date. You can still get there via www.archive.org and searching for www.hawkerdehavilland.com.au