A320ajm
Topic Author

Passenger Lists?

Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:45 pm

Hey
Just a quick question that has had me thinking. On one flight how many passenger lists are produced with seat numbers? I assume 3 - 1 for ground staff, 1 for in the cockpit and 1 for in the cabin. I could be wrong all together. My thought behind this was if ATC wanted to pass an important message to/about a passenger then the pilots can check it. Similarly the cabin crew may want to check passenger numbers etc without having to disturb the pilots.
Thank you in advance for your response.
A320ajm
If the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will still say, 'This was their finest hour.'

Tristarsteve

RE: Passenger Lists?

Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:21 pm

It really depends on the airline. All the pax names and seat numbers are in the DCS . The airline will have a SOP about how these are printed. We print out one full list which is stored in the flight file with the loadsheet, and one list (in triplicate) for the crew. This only lists passengers with comments like special meals and wheelchairs. I work on another airline that has reams of paper for the crew.
Now this list is secret. The crew are told to guard it, and shred it at the end of the flight. No-one is allowed to give out information about passengers, whether they are on board or not, so I can't see how ATC could ask. There is a lot of Data Protection involved.

Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:41 pm

Numerous copies of name lists are common on charter flights but not on scheduled ones. Generally, there is a list, by seat number of the first class cabin only for use by cabin staff.
Buy why would you care? Be carefull what you ask about, it could be considered a security threat.

A320ajm
Topic Author

Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:23 pm

Quoting 113312 (Reply 2):
Be carefull what you ask about, it could be considered a security threat.

Oh, im sorry. I wasn't aware that someone could take over an aircraft with pieces of paper.  mad 

Sorry for the sarcasm but i hate it when people go on and on about small petty things regarding health, safety and security.

I was only asking because we had a discussion at school about the environmental cost of 1 flight - including paperwork as well as the usual items such as fuel.

Thanks for the response Tristar Steve.
A320ajm
If the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will still say, 'This was their finest hour.'