slimshady

Boeing & Airbus Tech Pubs Question...

Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:52 pm

Dear Friends,

Question.... I am working on an independent project, and I am looking to see if there are any Boeing or Airbus tech pubs available to the world. Platform AMM's and IPC's in particular...

My project is just simply for research and market study, and I am certianly not going to do any maintenance or refrence source material. . Mostly stuff like were certian parts are located, how many is located on a certian airplane, etc...

Does anyone know if there is an online database which has access to these? Doesnt have to be up to date, but fairly current is perfect.

Thanks!

KB

airbuske

RE: Boeing & Airbus Tech Pubs Question...

Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:57 am

Boeing has www.myboeingfleet.com but you need an authorized login to access information.

r12055p

Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:58 am

Don't know about an online source, but the Boeing Company Archives are located in Bellevue, WA. Send an email to someone over there to see if they can find what you are looking for. Maybe they will even scan some documents for you. Good luck with your project!

Dalmd88

Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:53 am

I think the ERAU library has some tech pubs in general circulation. I don't think they can be taken out by non students. I know the library was open to the public when I was student. If that is still the case you could do research there.

tdscanuck

Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:31 am

Quoting SlimShady (Thread starter):
Question.... I am working on an independent project, and I am looking to see if there are any Boeing or Airbus tech pubs available to the world. Platform AMM's and IPC's in particular...

Current production stuff is all proprietary to the OEM, and it comes saddled with a bunch of legalese that basically boils down to "you can't give this to anybody else." People with business relationships can get them through MyBoeingFleet and Airbus World, respectively.

I think it's fairly likely that there are PDF's of some of this stuff floating around on the internet, but since it was never released pubicly by the OEM it's not actually public domain so you might have a problem using it in an academic work.

Tom.

HAWK21M

Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:23 am

Try writing to the manufacturers...Thats one legal way of getting access to those manuals.
regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

aogdesk

Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:40 pm

For *some* componentry and installation info, you can see at www.opsspecs.com