WarpSpeed
Topic Author

787-8 Block Points - Scheduled And Potential

Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:14 am

My first thread started on A.Net...

Does anyone know the details of the scheduled 787 block points? I understand each of these to be a "package" of design enhancements that are introduced into the production stream at deliberate stages. Is there a good summary listing the plane number, the corresponding improvements and the overall effect on performance?

While purely speculative, what are some possibilities for future block point changes on the 787-8? I hear all the comments about how -8 testing will certainly benefit the -9 design efficiency and that weight reduction is being pursued aggressively. Wouldn't the -8 also see the benefits of these findings or is the design frozen until after the -9 is on square footing? Boeing always seems to be improving its products so I would expect a -8 built today to be the least efficient Dreamliner (but still way better than anything in its class).

Respectfully submitted,

WarpSpeed
DaHjaj jaj QaQ Daghajjaj !!!!

dynamicsguy

RE: 787-8 Block Points - Scheduled And Potential

Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:32 am

Quoting WarpSpeed (Thread starter):
Does anyone know the details of the scheduled 787 block points?

Yes, but it's not the sort of thing I can post publicly if I want to keep my job. I don't think I've publicly seen anything other than the Line 20 mission improvement blockpoint.

Lots of cost and weight improvements, some implemented into the -8 before the -9 and some relying on the -9 work to be completed before being rolled into the -8.