Topic Author

Cessna Caravan Startup Airline:cost & Maintenance?

Thu May 27, 2010 5:37 pm

Hi guys,

I have some questions regarding this project I'm doing for school. It's about coming up with a business plan for a small airline operating the Cessna Caravan Amphibian on scenic flights in Australia. As I'm not able to get good data, I thought I'll ask around here.

1) AOC cost
What would be a good estimate for the AOC cost for a small start-up with 1 or 2 aircraft? The CASA website requires an application to be submitted before a quote can be provided.

2) Aircraft financing
What are common financing options for a GA aircraft like the Caravan to spread the price ($2.3m) over several years?

3) Maintenance
Data given by our lecturer shows that the Caravan needs 1.8hrs of maintenance for every 1hr of flight time. Is it realistic? What is the maintenance schedule for a GA aircraft like the Caravan - a check for every 100hrs of flight time? What are the yearly maintenance costs for such an aircraft?

4) Pilot
What is the average industry rate for GA pilots in Australia? Is a Commercial Pilot License sufficient for legal operation of the aircraft?

Thanks a ton for any help, I really appreciate it!
DMK(TG773/772) PEN(SQ772/MH734) PER(QF333) PEK(CA763) HKT(MI320) HKG(SQ744) ICN (OZ333), CJU,TAE(OZ734) TPE(3K320) KUL(T