After the long awaited first flight of the fifth test 787-8 aircraft, ZA005, powered with GEnX-1B engines,
the following questions regarding the GEnX-1B and -2B come up :
- What is the current status of the GEnx-1B engine ? What has been changed (modified) since the certification in March 31, 2008 !!!!
- According the latest articles a final upgrade is planned for the -1B, to overcome approx 2% shortfall in TSFC. What will be changed or modified by this upgrade?
- Are both engines on this moment comparable in modification status or is the -2B further modified (improved) ?
- Has the GEnx-2B passed the icing certification testing?
- Is there also a final upgrade for the -2B engine ?
- Will both engines receive certification at the latest possible moment, together with the 788 and the 747-8F, to include the latest modification standard ?