smartt1982
Topic Author

Italian Airlines

Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:39 pm

Hello,

I know this is a very odd request but can someone enlighten me as to why the branding of the Italian airline Windjet has the same branding as the mobile/communication network also in Italy, I'm thiking that it is a simple matter of it being owned by the same company but I cannot find any reference to it

Also another italian airline, Livingston. The whole thing with their energy branding. Is just something they have come up with themselves or are they associated with some sort of power company.

As I say, very silly questions but I really want to know

Thanks in advance

steve

Starlionblue

RE: Italian Airlines

Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:28 pm

A little googling reveals it is owned by the "Finaria Group", which seems connected with a guy called Antonino Pulvirent. No connection with Wind as far as I can tell.

Livingston Energy Flight is owned by the Viaggi del Ventaglio Group. As far as I can tell no connection with an energy company.

I have often found that Italian branding has a bit of that Chinese thing. "English is cool and hip. Let's brand it nonsensically in English."

[Edited 2010-08-15 16:30:58]
"There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots." - John Ringo