slcdeltarumd11

IT New Technology For The Airline Industry?

Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:53 am

I am interested in writing a paper on an emerging trend in IT in the airline industry. Does any one have any ideas of any IT ideas currently in the commercial aviation world that sound like a good idea?

acidradio
Crew

RE: IT New Technology For The Airline Industry?

Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:27 am

See my old thread on the CUPPS model. What Is Cupps (by Nuggetsyl Nov 16 2009 in Civil Aviation) A lot of the processes in airline IT have been around forever and are well developed. CUPPS is kind of neat in that it provides common-use computer terminals used for passenger check-in. With the advent of cheap modern PCs this is possible.
Ich haben zwei Platzspielen und ein Microphone

tdscanuck

Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:42 am

Quoting SlcDeltaRUmd11 (Thread starter):
Does any one have any ideas of any IT ideas currently in the commercial aviation world that sound like a good idea?

There's lots of work to be done in e-enabling the airplanes...the engine makers started working this first with real-time monitoring for their power-by-the-hour contracts, now both Airbus and Boeing (and maybe the others, I'm not sure) have the airplanes networked pretty much all the time.

Tom.

slcdeltarumd11

Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:29 am

Thanks any other ideas would be appreciated. The last two comments were great, thanks i will keep thinking about those