zainmax
Topic Author

B777 CBT On IPhone?

Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:35 pm

I m using iPhone 3G and iPhone 4 and I m employed in PIA as an aerospace trainee.
I learn B777 systems via computer based training CDs which are provided by the Boeing Co.
I want to install this whole software in my both iPhones.If anyone over here has any experience regarding this thing,
please share with me.I'll be grateful.

Regards
ZAINMAX APPRENTICE MECHANIC - PIA

Legs

RE: B777 CBT On IPhone?

Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:26 am

I'm pretty sure your CBT is Windows based, correct? In that case, it will be very difficult, if not impossible, to get it to load on your iPhones.

ALTF4

Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:56 pm

Won't work for two reasons:

1) It is not an iPhone-based training package. If I know which one you are talking about, it is Windows-only and there is not an option even for Mac OS X.

2) Apple restricts the software you can put on the iPhones via the app store. Until Boeing puts something in the app store (won't happen), there will be no way to get the software onto the phone, even if it were compatible with the iPhone (see #1).

Now, there are finally a few ways to get stuff on an iPhone in an enterprise envrionment, so if your iPhones are provided by PIA and are managed by them, they may be able to "push" apps to your iPhone, so #2 may not necessarily be true.

In the end, though, it all boils down to point #1.
The above post is my opinion. Don't like it? Don't read it.

akiss20

Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:31 pm

Quoting ALTF4 (Reply 2):
2) Apple restricts the software you can put on the iPhones via the app store. Until Boeing puts something in the app store (won't happen), there will be no way to get the software onto the phone, even if it were compatible with the iPhone (see #1).

There's always the option of jailbreaking  
Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are

ALTF4

Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:46 pm

Quoting AKiss20 (Reply 3):
There's always the option of jailbreaking

I would give my left hand to see Boeing endorse jailbreaking and publish "an app for that" CBT!!
The above post is my opinion. Don't like it? Don't read it.

zainmax
Topic Author

Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:31 pm

But considering all the points I personally don't think that Boeing will agree for use of CBT in iPhone as it is their confidential software and not for use for general public.
Secondly iPhone only accepts applications via Apple Store or at least certified and designed to be installed and run on the iPhone generation.
But if someone has the skill so I'll welcome  

Regards
ZAINMAX APPRENTICE MECHANIC - PIA