RNOcommctr
Topic Author

Help: Airport Jobs In The IAH/HOU Area

Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:24 am

I'm new to the Houston area and am looking to make some job connections. I retired last year from the RNO airport authority after 30 years. Most of that time I was a dispatcher in the Communications Center-- dispatching aircraft alerts, monitoring access control, coordination with airport and airline ops, etc. I received AAAE certification in both Security and Communications and passed Airport Safety and Operations School, Basic and Advanced with AAAE. I was also an operations officer for a short time.

So... my question is does anyone have any leads on airport/airline jobs in the Houston area? Obviously I keep a close eye on the Houston Airport System website as well as all the usual job search sites. I have also contacted most of the G.A. airports in the region.

Any job ideas or contacts would be appreciated. Thanks very much.
Active loading only, ma'am, keep it moving!

Type-Rated

RE: Help: Airport Jobs In The IAH/HOU Area

Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:24 am

I've worked with people in management at the Houston Airport System and may I say they are some fine people. You seem to have a lot of experience to bring to the table. But you also know that past a certain age, it becomes harder to get a job too.
I sent you a private e-mail listing a very good contact I know.
Fly North Central Airlines..The route of the Northliners!

RNOcommctr
Topic Author

RE: Help: Airport Jobs In The IAH/HOU Area

Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:00 pm

Thanks, type-rated. I sent you a message via airliners.net. Regular e-mail did not go through. Thanks again.
Active loading only, ma'am, keep it moving!