Schmidt505
Topic Author

CPH Introduces Augmented Reality App

Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:50 am

The updated Copenhagen Airport iPhone app will feature innovative augmented reality technology to improve passenger wayfinding in the terminal buildings.

According to Fture Travel Experience, passengers will be able to ‘scan’ the terminals using their iPhone camera, which will then highlight the distance to certain points of interest and provide directions to navigate to them.

How useful do you think ‘Augmented Reality’ would be in an airport terminal? Is it something that you would use to navigate around an airport?

[Edited 2011-04-15 02:55:06]

CamiloA380

RE: CPH Introduces Augmented Reality App

Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:47 pm

It can be quite useful... But its quite difficult to get lost in CPH really  .... At least its there for the people who need it. I believe it can be much more useful in bigger airports such as LHR, FRA, AMS and of course.. CDG  

A great gadget undoubtedly...
Flying4Ever!

Schmidt505
Topic Author

Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:06 am

I agree with you fully. I think it could be a very useful tool in airports where wayfinding isn't as obvious as it should be. However, I do think there's something of a novelty value as it might not necessarily be something that you could turn to if you're rushing to get to your gate, for instance.

bj87

Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:24 am

Quoting CamiloA380 (Reply 1):
It can be quite useful... But its quite difficult to get lost in CPH really .... At least its there for the people who need it. I believe it can be much more useful in bigger airports such as LHR, FRA, AMS and of course.. CDG

I agree 100%. Having a TomTom navigation type system for CDG would be great. At the moment I make a point of it to avoid CDG and LHR for that matter.