Hi fellow A-Netters
I am hoping that someone on here will be able to help me with my question regarding EK17. Firstly let me explain why I am asking this. I am a teacher of 11 year old pupils in a school in Derby and flight EK17 flies directly over our school most days on its way into Manchester.
We keep a flight log of whether the aircraft flies over our school (using flightradar24.com to track the route) and which aircraft flies it. If it is a nice day, we go out and watch the plane fly over. We will be using this data in our maths lessons and data handling and also hoping to write letters to Emirates.
I have a group of boys and girls who love looking at which aircraft fly over our school. It certainly helps having some glass panels in the roof and I also enjoy it too!
So I am hoping that someone will be able to help with a couple of questions that my class have asked:
1) We have tried to find some pattern in the rostering of the aircraft used to fly the route, but can't work it out. There seems to be a group of A380s which fly the route, but is there anyone out there that could help?
2) What factors alter the route it takes? We know that if it flies over Prague, then it will fly over Amsterdam and then out over the North Sea (and not over our school)
3) What flight does the aircraft operate before EK17?
4) Does anyone know why the flight today was 4 hours late?
5) Is there anyone at Emirates that we could write to? My class love writing letters and would love to get some sort of reply.
Thanks for your help
[Edited 2011-10-03 13:51:31]