gegtim
Topic Author

Computer Weather Models For TDay

Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:43 am

A person from the Weather Channel was just on NBC nightly news. The computer models for Thanksgiving Day are showing rain, wind and t-storms for most of the east coast. Mostly just rain from SFO to SEA on the west coast. I know these aren't cast in stone, but it's nice not to see snow forecast even though t-storms can knock out an entire ATC system in a heartbeat. Here at GEG it warmed up to 42 today and rained with the same tomorrow. All of our snow is gone.

Okie

RE: Computer Weather Models For TDay

Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:00 am

Quoting gegtim (Thread starter):
The computer models for Thanksgiving Day are showing rain, wind and t-storms for most of the east coast

Hardly anyone travels on the Holiday itself, from my experience, most flights are pretty empty.
Take the business traveller out of the equation for Thursday, Friday and Saturday then loads will probably be pretty light.
Usually Wednesday is the busiest day, however with normal load factors in the high 80's then airports themselves will not be that much more crowded than normal. About the only issue I would think you will see is non frequent flyer's dealing with Security and not knowing normal procedures slowing up the line a little.

Okie

gegtim
Topic Author

RE: Computer Weather Models For TDay

Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:42 am

Quoting okie (Reply 1):
Take the business traveller out of the equation for Thursday, Friday and Saturday then loads will probably be pretty light.

Tell Mother Nature about load factors.