AngelAirways
Topic Author

What Routing Does ATR Take To Deliver To BW?

Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:55 pm

I've seen photos on Airliners of Caribbean Airlines ATR72-600 at Lanzarote (ACE) and Recife (REC) on its delivery flight to POS. Recife is a significant deviation south but with range limitations on a turboprop i suppose it is necessary. (One still wonders why not Natal which seems closer?)

I also looked at Great Circle mapper and was wandering if there are any other stops. AGP? SID? And then is there enough ferry range to make it from SID to REC nonstop? (There's nowhere to stop anyway!)

Also is the final leg REC-POS or is there another stop?

If anyone knows the actual delivery routing or has knowledge of flight planning that could share that's be great. I'm just curious!

rfields5421

RE: What Routing Does ATR Take To Deliver To BW?

Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:25 pm

Actual route - no I don't know

One which would work - http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=LFBO-gc...be-ttpp&MS=wls&DU=nm&SG=276&SU=kts

The 1323 NM from SID to FEN is the shortest hop possible across the Atlantic - so the aircraft obviously has that range at empty weight or with ferry tanks.

An alternate route if the weather is bad would be Azores to Newfoundland TER-YYT - another near 1,300 nm leg. I've seen flight tracks of Cessna Caravans on that route. http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=LFBO-lp...sj-ttpp&MS=wls&DU=nm&SG=276&SU=kts

Surprisingly both routes are only a couple nautical hundred miles different

[Edited 2012-02-03 13:31:11]

bjorn14

RE: What Routing Does ATR Take To Deliver To BW?

Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:34 pm

Quoting rfields5421 (Reply 1):
The 1323 NM from SID to FEN is the shortest hop possible across the Atlantic - so the aircraft obviously has that range at empty weight or with ferry tanks.

I saw something that said that an empty ATR72 has a range of 2000nm
"I want to know the voice of God the rest is just details" --A. Einstein