Topic Author

Y+ Seating On UA 747-400

Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:56 pm

I am hoping that somebody out there is very familiar with UA's 747-400 aircraft. I am scheduled to travel LAX-SYD in a few weeks and have booked a window seat at 24A in the Economy Plus section of the aircraft. I select a window seat because, obviously, I like to be able to see out the window. However, I am finding conflicting information regarding the window seats in this section of the aircraft. I had originally booked 21A but according to row 21 is missing a window. It also says that the windows are misaligned between rows 21 and 24. I then moved to seat 25A but then found on that rows 21, 22, 23 and 25 have "obstructed window views". So now, I am seated in 24A. Some of you may wonder why on earth it matters on a 14 hour overnight flight thru darkness but I simply like to be able to see outside, especially on take off and landing. Hopefully someone out there is familiar with this part of the aircraft and can tell me whether or not I'll actually have a window to look out of at row 24.

Thanks so much!