machnumber
Topic Author

FAA CPL To JAR Conversion

Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:13 pm

Hi everyone

I hold a FAA CPL and want to convert it to a JAR CPL or even ATPL. Are there differences from country to country? Which would be the most painless way to do it regardless of anything like cost etc.
I heard that you can do most of the theoretical training online. That would be of great advantage for me. How about the practical flight programme? I have heard people talking about flight hours ranging from 15 to 50.

Thanks

Pihero

RE: FAA CPL To JAR Conversion

Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:04 am

Not an easy answer and not an easy path to follow. Neither organisation will give any of its privileges and so the rules are quite strict. As far as I know, these are still in force, so here they are ;

FAR to Jar conversion

With a CPL, I'm afraid, you'll need the whole lot : Approved course , full exam, R/T licence and flight tests... Plus the medical, of course... That's just for the JAR CPL.

Don't take it for gospel, your best bet is to contact a DGCA office, as international agreements could change things very rapidly.

Good luck
Contrail designer

zeke

RE: FAA CPL To JAR Conversion

Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:48 am

Quoting machnumber (Thread starter):

Do your research well, the rules for EU licenses change this year.
We are addicted to our thoughts. We cannot change anything if we cannot change our thinking – Santosh Kalwar