Calibansa333

UPS Kmht Typical Arrival

Wed May 02, 2012 9:37 pm

Is anyone familiar with which runway UPS typically uses for arrival at KMHT? I know that arrivals are largely based upon wind, but I thought UPS may use runway 35 because of its proximity to the cargo ramp. Thanks, in advance, for your help!   

Nick

PGNCS

RE: UPS Kmht Typical Arrival

Wed May 02, 2012 10:32 pm

They can certainly request any runway they wish; whether or not requests are approved are a different story.

goboeing

Thu May 03, 2012 12:01 am

When planespotting at MHT in college we would always end up driving around back and forth because if the wind is calm it's usually pilot's choice to land on either 6 or 35. Runway 6 is a little shorter and 35 is probably also a bit more convenient for taxiing in for most planes, but it requires a little bit more of a base leg while 6 is straight in. Thus leading to a frustrating situation with a bunch of us and our scanners and cameras and binoculars.  

Calibansa333

Thu May 03, 2012 2:04 am

Quoting GoBoeing (Reply 2):
Thus leading to a frustrating situation with a bunch of us and our scanners and cameras and binoculars.  

I can totally understand that. I was parked at the aviation museum adjacent to 35 for about an hour, and after watching a lot of traffic (ok maybe a lot is a bit of an exaggeration for MHT  ) I noticed that most of the arrivals from 1:00pm to 7:00pm chose to land on 6. I also spent a couple hours at the hill close to the church snapping pics adjacent to 6 and even had a run-in with some local cops, maybe that's deserving of it's own thread. There were a few G.A departures and a couple of UA and US arrivals and departures at 35. I noticed a large aircraft arriving on 6, and it happened to be an FX a300. I rushed over to the opposite runway assuming that the UPS flight would also arrive on this runway, only to see it arrive at 35    Luckily I did get to snap some pics of the same FX a300 that arrived earlier, departing from 6. It's quite a treat to see these bigger birds at MHT. So I can totally understand what you're talking about