Topic Author

Iata Diploma In Aviation Studies Question

Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:01 pm

Good afternoon to all,

I am having a dilemma. I have had a passion in aviation since I was a teenager ( I am 40 years old now). I think I did well professionally, working for major consulting firms ( KPMG, Accenture and now Deloitte) for 12 years. I am really working in the industry I have a passion for. I have been considering the IATA Diploma in Aviation Studies, which should help me being more visible when applying for a position. I am interested in Aviation management (Revenue, pricing, route development or fleet planning). Any constructive suggestions, advice or feedback on the IATA Diploma in Aviation Studies would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and look forward to hearing from you soon,

RE: Iata Diploma In Aviation Studies Question

Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:44 am

Hi, I applied for the IATA's diploma in aviation studies in April 2012 (the distance learning option). I still don't have experience on the exams point of view but I can tell you something about the books for the following courses: Air Transport fundamentals, Airline Marketing, Airline Financing and Revenue Management. They all are 7-10 years old and need a revision but are well written and interesting; furthermore the basic knowledge does help understanding the industry.

Note that you can't take more than one exam per session (there should be around 4 sessions/year).

RE: Iata Diploma In Aviation Studies Question

Tue May 27, 2014 7:46 pm

Hi Ndumbane,

I came across this thread recently and I am also stuck with a similar situation as you. I'm working in an operational finance perspective in my late 20s, how did the career prospect in working in the aviation industry work for you?