blueflyer
Topic Author

TSA Notice In Luggage?

Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:19 pm

I was wondering whether TSA is still expected to leave a notice in the checked luggage they inspect?

On two recent occasions (one a domestic flight, the other a domestic connection from an international flight), TSA opened at least one of my suitcase but didn't leave a note. The reason I know is I was carrying jars of preserve carefully packed in bubble wrap, and they somehow attracted the attention of an inspector. Upon arrival, I found that the shipping tape I had used to secure the wrap had been replaced by a white tape bearing the name and logo of the TSA...

Absence of a note notwithstanding, I ought to mention whoever inspected my suitcases did a superb job at repacking everything, including the jars in question. Were it not for their tape replacing mine, I probably would not have noticed.
Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has no clothes.

jetblueguy22

RE: TSA Notice In Luggage?

Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:32 am

I had mine inspected about two weeks ago. They left two notes inside. Though it's understandable since I had golf clubs and a knee hockey set in a golf carry bag .
Blue
Look at sweatpants guy. This is a 90 million dollar aircraft, not a Tallahassee strip club

Accidentally

Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:11 am

I get inspected often and have gotten a letter every single time.
Indianapolis, IN

Okie

Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:16 pm

Quoting Accidentally (Reply 2):
I get inspected often and have gotten a letter every single time

I would say more than 50% of my trips.
Other than vaction trips, my bag is pretty much the same, I have always wondered what in my bag that gets their attention or if the TSA is checking that many bags.

Quoting blueflyer (Thread starter):
Absence of a note notwithstanding, I ought to mention whoever inspected my suitcases did a superb job at repacking everything, including the jars in question

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. In anycase, I have tried to figure out what the TSA is hitting on from what they have moved or shuffled around in the case and yet to figure out what is drawing their attention. Sometimes I find the letter near the center of the suitcase, which makes me think they are looking near the bottom as it would be packed. The only thing I can figure out is that it must have something to do with the handle mechanism for the roll a round function.

Okie