MQTmxguy
Topic Author

How To Get EASA-66 For FAA A&Ps?

Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:07 am

Does anyone know if there is a shortcut for a FAA A&P ticket holder to test for/convert to an EASA licence? Or would I have to start all over from scratch?
Well at least we can all take comfort in the fact that NW will never retire their DC-9s

atlamt

RE: How To Get EASA-66 For FAA A&Ps?

Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:01 am

Not that I know of. Good luck, it's a lot of work.

The EASA system is much different.

More training hours
More license categories,
Aircraft-specific training and certification and
Recurrent training.

I personally like the EASA system. I feel it is designed to ensure the people working on aircraft have the knowledge and skills to do it properly.

I'm sure that some of our EASA licensed members will chime in with more details.
Fwd to MCO and Placard

MQTmxguy
Topic Author

Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:23 am

Quoting atlamt (Reply 1):
I personally like the EASA system. I feel it is designed to ensure the people working on aircraft have the knowledge and skills to do it properly

I agree, even though once one finds their way to the part 121 or 145 world you find yourself in a plethora of fleet ratings, training, and other quals that have to be maintained much like the European system. However in the GA world, the process consists of: Get A&P, find airplane, sign work.

I know guys I graduated college with 6 years ago that haven't touched an aircraft since but are still licensed to do so.
Well at least we can all take comfort in the fact that NW will never retire their DC-9s

charliecossie

Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:58 pm

Britain and Germany will make you jump through hoops just to be allowed to sit (and most likely fail) the modules.
However, some EASA countries seem to hand out boxes of cornflakes with an extra piece of paper inside....