novice

Evacuation Brief Question

Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:10 pm

The following is an evacuation brief and i have a few questions regards this;

“If we decide to evacuate the aircraft, I/you will verify flaps 40, select pressurization selector to manual, open the outflow valve and notify the tower. I/you will verify parking brake set, speed brake lever down, engine start levers to cut off, announce the evacuation and pull all engine and APU fire warning switches and rotate illuminated switches.”

“If the call before VI is “KEEP GOING” there will be no actions taken below 400’ AGL, except to cancel any warnings and raise the landing gear with a positive rate of climb. Above 400’ AGL, and when the aircraft is under control, complete the recall items. At MFRA, I/you will call “BUG UP” and retract the flaps on schedule. When the flaps are up with no lights, select MCT, engage the autopilot and cimb to MSA. Be alert for incapacitation.”

what does pull all engine and APU fire warning switches and rotate illuminated switches mean/do? (I know what an APU is) I presume its just putting these lights out but i just wonder why you would bother when wanting to evacuate the aircraft.
In the instance above what does the term "BUG UP" mean? retract flaps?

Dalmd88

RE: Evacuation Brief Question

Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:28 pm

Quoting Novice (Thread starter):
what does pull all engine and APU fire warning switches and rotate illuminated switches mean/do?

The engine/apu warning switches, commonly called t handles. Pulling them shuts fuel and hydraulics. If they are lighted it means a fire warning. After they are pulled you can rotate the handle to activate the fire bottle for the engine.

nws2002

RE: Evacuation Brief Question

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:37 pm

Bug up means set the speed bug for flaps up speed.