MarcNicolas
Topic Author

Wet/Dry Leasing Cost For A Boeing 777 [Where?]

Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:33 am

Hi all,

I’ve been contacting with many companies in order to know the wet/dry leasing cost for a Boeing 777 and nobody answered me. This information is a Key Factor for my research project I needed at any cost. I faked to be a company to obaint it but it still not working. Could someone tell me where I can find this information?

Thank you so much!

waly777

RE: Wet/Dry Leasing Cost For A Boeing 777 [Where?]

Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:45 pm

http://www.afm.aero/data/industry-data-list-prices-and-lease-rates

That only gives dry lease rates and CMV. Wet lease rates might be harder to find seeing as it will vary depending on the airline that is the lessee or the lessor.
The test of first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold 2 opposed ideas in the mind concurrently, and still function

MarcNicolas
Topic Author

Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:13 pm

Ohhh that's awesome, thanks so much waly!

Stitch

Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:10 pm

I know EK pays around $1.2 million per month for their 777-200LR leases.

And TK was paying $1.1 million per month to Jet Airways when they were leasing 777-300ERs from them.

Stealthz

Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:33 pm

Quoting MarcNicolas (Thread starter):
I faked to be a company to obaint it but it still not working.

Not surprised, I would think that anyone in a position to provide that information would have a pretty solid understanding of who the players and prospects were in the industry.
I work in the heavy road trans industry here in Aust.anyone faking that they were in my industry and seeking that type of info would have a challenging time.

If you are doing a credible research project at a recognised institution, you would be well advised to be up front about what you are doing, it will likely lead to better results and a real but possibly intangible byproduct is you will be making contacts that could benefit you later in your career.

[Edited 2013-04-24 08:34:19]
If your camera sends text messages, that could explain why your photos are rubbish!

blueflyer

Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:21 pm

Quoting stealthz (Reply 4):
If you are doing a credible research project at a recognised institution, you would be well advised to be up front about what you are doing

I concur. A request on official letterhead from a recognized institution explaining why you'd like that information (and possibly promising not to divulge your source) will get you far more attention than an attempt to "fake" it.

Old fashioned letters in the mail are still good for something.
Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has no clothes.

MarcNicolas
Topic Author

Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:42 am

Quoting stealthz (Reply 4):

Sure, In my first emails I explained that the information I requested was for a research study of my degree, describing specifically the purposes of it an so on however it didn't work, that's why I decided to do that thing. I apreciate your advices, but I should be mature enough to know it in advance. As well, I added many people of the aviation industry using likeding, doing the same thing as I mentioned before (the real purpose) but people shouldn't have time because I haven't obtained many answers.

B777LRF

Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:15 am

In essence you're asking "how long is a piece of string", and you need to be much more specific, e.g. "10 x 77W, including 21 x -110B engines, 8 years".

I am not surprised you are having little luck approaching the operators, this is highly sensitive information which you are basically trying to put in the public domain. You may have more luck trying to approach one or more of the leasing companies, but you will need to be up-front about who you are, what you are trying to do, and why you do it. Trying to fake your way to get the information is never going to wash; they'll suss you out long before you even get close to someone who has the answers you're looking for.
From receips and radials over straight pipes to big fans - been there, done that, got the hearing defects to prove