SXDFC
Topic Author

Airbus "Enchanced" Retrofit For A320 Series?

Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:10 am

I remember seeing an article around somewhere awhile back that suggested there was some traction in some sort of "Enhanced" Interior retrofit for the A320 series with Condor being a potential customer. Does anyone know what happened to this project and if another project similar to this will take place? IMHO I like the A320 enhanced interior much better since it lacks those annoying pivot down bins..
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

zeke

RE: Airbus "Enchanced" Retrofit For A320 Series?

Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:46 am

It is a available now to anyone for new or retrofit. Condor were the first for the retrofit back in 2009, not 100% sure, I think Virgin America may have had the first new builds in 2008.
We are addicted to our thoughts. We cannot change anything if we cannot change our thinking – Santosh Kalwar

1337Delta764

RE: Airbus "Enchanced" Retrofit For A320 Series?

Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:42 am

Quoting SXDFC (Thread starter):
I remember seeing an article around somewhere awhile back that suggested there was some traction in some sort of "Enhanced" Interior retrofit for the A320 series with Condor being a potential customer. Does anyone know what happened to this project and if another project similar to this will take place? IMHO I like the A320 enhanced interior much better since it lacks those annoying pivot down bins..

Don't know about the "Enhanced" Interior, however, C&D Zodiac has come out with the new SmartBin interior, and they are trying to convince Airbus to include it standard on the A320neo. Unfortunately for you, though, the SmartBin bins are pivot bins.
The Pink Delta 767-400ER - The most beautiful aircraft in the sky