jonathan-l
Topic Author

Runway Usage At A Given Airport

Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:11 pm

Hi,
I am looking for data on runway usage at a given airport, i.e. % of operations performed on runway 25R vs 07L (for example). I haven't found this data on airport websites and was wondering if there was a source for that.
In my current case, I am looking for runway usage at LAS.

I will contact LAS to see if they can easily provide this but a reference database would help since I have needed this type of info in the past for other airports.

Thanks.

trijetsonly

RE: Runway Usage At A Given Airport

Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:05 pm

You could search for weather data and regard the prevailing wind direction to get a first idea of the mainly used direction.
Happy Landings

jonathan-l
Topic Author

Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:22 pm

Thanks Trijets, that's a good point.
FWIW, LAS answered my email very quickly.

Thenoflyzone

Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:58 am

Not exaclty what you are looking for, but interesting nonetheless, if you would like to know about airport AAR. (airport arrival rate)

http://www.fly.faa.gov/ois/

Click "East Directory" or "West directory" on the left side, click on an ARTCC and then the airport and you will have the AAR according to runway used and weather at the airport (IMC, VMC, low VMC, low IMC, etc)

Thenoflyzone

[Edited 2013-10-17 18:15:02]
us Air Traffic Controllers have a good record, we haven't left one up there yet !!

apodino

Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:44 pm

Quoting thenoflyzone (Reply 3):
Not exaclty what you are looking for, but interesting nonetheless, if you would like to know about airport AAR. (airport arrival rate)

http://www.fly.faa.gov/ois/

Click "East Directory" or "West directory" on the left side, click on an ARTCC and then the airport and you will have the AAR according to runway used and weather at the airport (IMC, VMC, low VMC, low IMC, etc)

Thenoflyzone

There is different version of this page that I use at my employer. If you click on the airport metrics tap on the left side, it actually shows you the runway config currently in use at just about every major airport in the country. I don't know how to access it as a civilian though.