Cloneof501
Topic Author

Database For Airport Statistics

Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:18 am

I'm a big fan of PHX, but it's no secret that often on this forum people will try to claim that it will get axed in a merger because yields are sub-par as compared to other hubs. My question is, is there any comprehensive database that has collected data for major airports across the US and shows average yield or something of the sort?

I know individual airport sites will often have reports displaying statistics and I do remember seeing a report once comparing PHX to other major airports regarding yield, but it was pretty old. According to that report, the yields for PHX weren't as bad as people here make it out to be.

A lot of the sites that I look at for these in depth reports often want to charge you for access, or otherwise they should in depth data on enplanements, movements, etc, but nothing regarding yielding or pricing.

Thanks

plebbin

RE: Database For Airport Statistics

Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:51 pm

You may want to check out the US DOT Bureau of Transportation Statistics website:

http://www.rita.dot.gov/bts/data_and...rports_passengers_and_freight.html

If it doesn't have the reports you want, you can download the segment data in CSV format. The data includes city-pairs along with passenger loading. You can filter the data to only include PHX and then get the information you need.