OnTheFly
Topic Author

Scanner Info. Needed

Thu Dec 23, 1999 3:11 am

I'm interested in buying a scanner so I can listen to ground and tower communications at SFO. Can anyone tell me where I can find a good one (online or otherwise)? What's a fair price? Any brands stand out? What features should I look for? Or is it as simple as going to Radio Shack and buying what they've got? Any info. will help. Happy Holidays!

RE: Scanner Info. Needed

Thu Dec 23, 1999 5:45 am

Have you tried Radio Shack? They usually have a good inventory.

Ironically I've asked my wife to get me a scanner for Christmas so I can track "the birds" here at BOS. If I end up getting one I'll let you know where to go if you still need the info.

Regards and Happy Holidays,

Jim

Boston, MA

OnTheFly wrote:
-------------------------------
I'm interested in buying a scanner so I can listen to ground and tower communications at SFO. Can anyone tell me where I can find a good one (online or otherwise)? What's a fair price? Any brands stand out? What features should I look for? Or is it as simple as going to Radio Shack and buying what they've got? Any info. will help. Happy Holidays!

OnTheFly
Topic Author

Thu Dec 23, 1999 6:53 am

That would be great Jim, thanks. I think Radio Shack will be my first stop. Happy Holidays to you too.

Marc

Thu Dec 23, 1999 7:56 am

Roger Marc!

Over and out!

Jim

OnTheFly wrote:
-------------------------------
That would be great Jim, thanks. I think Radio Shack will be my first stop. Happy Holidays to you too.

Marc