Anyone Playing "Airport Inc." Yet?

Mon Feb 14, 2000 2:34 am

Hi All,

I was just wondering if anyone here has been playing "Airport Inc." yet. I'd be interested in reading what other diehard aviation enthusiasts have to say about it. Its available only in Europe right now, but I'm looking forward to its US release next month!

RE: Anyone Playing "Airport Inc." Yet?

Mon Feb 14, 2000 2:58 am

Where can i find more info on this "Airport Inc.?"

Mon Feb 14, 2000 3:18 am

The game is by Krisalis:

I've got a fan page at:
The Terminal

RE: Anyone Playing

Wed Feb 16, 2000 12:33 am

I have had Airport Incm for about a week now. It's like a sim city for airports. You get to build terminals, runways, taxiways, a/c stands, etc.
One cool thing is that as you go farther into time, the a/c types that come to your airport are realistic to that time period. You also have to plan out your taxiways other wise there are trafiic jams with the planes.
I personally find I have to keep the game speed very low other wise I get too many messages at once and my terminals need additional check in desks or other stuff like that really quickly.
Where ever I place my hotel, i always get complaint messages that it is too empty and too close to the flight path.
I pesonally like the game (especially the price of only £25 rather then the normal £30 or £35 ). There are a few improvements I could think to make, but over all it was worth it. I think any one interested in aviaiton would like it.

RE: Anyone Playing

Wed Feb 16, 2000 7:12 am

I saw the previews and i can already tell i want it! I can't wait till it comes to the US. I may be wrong, but i think somewhere it said they are changing the name of it for the US version. Kind of strange. I might have just read wrong.

David L

Funny You Should Mention That

Thu Feb 17, 2000 10:16 am

I'd never heard of it but I bought a copy this very afternoon. So far I've only got part way through the tutorial as Windows decided, as it often does, that I'd suddenly prefer to see some other program that was running and it bombed out. Looks OK though.

I Got Some Questions...

Fri Feb 18, 2000 12:18 am

I got some questions about it:

1. Can you buy planes and start airline in the game?
2. If yes, is in the game real time mode? (You can start in 1910, buy first planes, later buy DC-3, later -- B707 and so on, or you can buy all planes at one time?)
3. There are financial mode? (or you must build airports in "sandbox" mode)

I've Got Answers

Fri Feb 18, 2000 6:33 am

Basically all you do in this game is design and maintain an airport. You're an airport manager in this game. The airlines (randomly chosen by the game) decide what to fly in there.

- Neil Harrison

Anyone Have Any Hints?

Fri Feb 18, 2000 6:36 am

Does anyone have any hints as to how to best design your airport?

Do things have to go in special places, in order to maximize their efficiency?

When do you get upgrades? How do you get upgrades? I just seem to get them at random times.

- Neil Harrison

Sat Feb 19, 2000 6:20 am

Hi. I have one question.
1) Are they real airlines like American Airlines, British Airways KLM etc or like A Airlines and liks Cat Air etc.

Airline Inc.

Sun Feb 20, 2000 7:48 am

Is there one of those where you build your own airline?

RE: Airline Inc. --games

Sun Feb 20, 2000 8:06 am

There are a few airline type games out there, although most are old and not all that great. You can check under "Airline Simulations" at my website for a list of links and info on such games. eFZed (down in OZ) has been working on a promising, new airline sim game, but they keep postponing it and won't release any info about it. (How much is $85 Aus in U.S. $?)

I'm supporting Krisalis's Airport Inc. in the hopes of nurturing a market for aviation-related games. Maybe Krisalis or someone else will build an Airline business sim that will be the aviation counter to Railroad Tycoon (1 and 2).

--Tom Heaney

Airline Tycoon

Sun Feb 20, 2000 10:24 am

How is airline tycoon?