Looking For Wardair Canada Models

Thu Mar 30, 2000 2:19 am

Does anyone except me remember Wardair Canada? My first flight on a Jumbo Jet was on one of their planes, and my first two holidays. So I am a bit nostalgic and apart from staring at the few pictures here on airliners.net I am also looking for models. I only ever found two Schabak 1:600 A310s, but what I would really love is something bigger. 1:250 ....

So, does anyone know where to find such rarities? I have found something on the internet once, stating that there were A310 models (1:250) in the MACH3 shop at Heathrow Airport, but I cannot find the page any more and when I was there they didn't have any.

Pronto

RE: Looking For Wardair Canada Models

Thu Mar 30, 2000 1:42 pm

Dragon Wings has just released a Wardair 747 in their 1/400 series. I've seen it and it looks beautiful! Aviation World (www.aviationworld.net) located near Toronto's Pearson Airport usually has some of the "Wooster" type snap together models with display stand(like the one you describe). If you build model kits of airliners(1/144 or 1/200) decals are made by Airline Hobby Supplies. (www.airline-hobby.com) Avalable in both scales are A300, A310, DC-10 and 747.