Electronic Safetycards

Mon Jul 31, 2000 7:29 am

Do you think that in the Future, They will have Electronic SafetyScreens on the PTV screens so they can just update it from a Central Computer and not have to worry about printing Updates. I think this would wreck the hobby, but As Technology grows I believe they will replace these cheap pieces of paper into Remote Control Activated SafetyScreens.

Dazed767

RE: Electronic Safetycards

Mon Jul 31, 2000 12:43 pm

Well Delta, Northwest (and many others i'm sure) have the safety instructions on the video screens (with the paper in the seat pocket as well).

Tue Aug 01, 2000 4:31 am

Ok, then why do some airlines that have the screens get all huffy puffy if we take the cards out of the pockets

SHEESH

elal106

Tue Aug 01, 2000 2:30 pm

U THINK IN THE FUTURE SAFETY CARDS WILL NO LONGER EXIST? WELL LOTS OF THINGS WONT TOO. IT WILL ALL BE DIGITAL AND IT IS ALREAYD STARTING. BOOKS, STAMPS , AIRLINE TICKETS ETC. EVEN PAPER ONE DAY WONT EXIST I THINK ...LOL

TriStar

Wed Aug 02, 2000 12:11 am

Safety cards and safety demonstrations are not the same thing. The video presentation has merely replaced the manual (or "live", if you will) demonstration made by F/As.

Airlines worldwide are still obliged to carry a minimum number of safety cards per passenger. This is because passengers have to have access to safety information at any given time throughout the flight - and especially under certain (obvious) circumstances.

If you take a safety card with you from a seat pocket, and it is not instantly replaced, that might prevent the next passenger of having access to a safety card when needed. *That's* why airlines "get all huffy puffy" when you take a card without them knowing it, Shamu507.

I really don't see why any of you that are building a safety card collection would want to take a used copy. Ask for a new one - is that so hard? It will look better in your collection and since it will come out of the reserve stock on board, no-one will have to worry about cards having disappeared from the seat pockets.

Best regards,

TriStar.