aio86

Likelihood Of A CO CLE-CDG Route

Sun Oct 22, 2000 3:49 pm

As I have heard (from relatives living in and have taken the CLE-LGW flight) this seems to usually be full and doing well. I imagine if they were to add a second European flight from Cleveland, their third largest hub, it would be Paris. Does anyone here think that there might ever be this flight, or at least any time in the near future. I think that this would be a better route than focussing on trying to get DOT approval of so many African flights. I imagine the Paris service would be on the 757-200 as well. Maybe once Continental gets some 757-300s up and flying they'll convert all 757 Atlantic flights to that A/C type. That is if it can travel that far (I don't know.) Please share your thoughts and opinions.
-Aaron

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © John F. Zielinski

cba

RE: Likelihood Of A CO CLE-CDG Route

Tue Oct 24, 2000 6:22 am

I don't know how likely a CLE-CDG flight would be. Remember, CO has 2 major priorities right now as they recieve new aircraft:
1. Expand into Asia/Africa out of EWR
2. Expand into Europe from IAH

Cleveland seems to be taking a backseat for now. Maybe in a few years when they have replaced all of the -10's and expanded into Europe, Africa, and Asia from EWR, then CLE may get a flight to CDG in a 757 or 767.