MEGAPTERA
Topic Author

FS2000 Texture Replacements, Help Required.

Wed Apr 18, 2001 4:08 am

I am a user of Microsoft FS2000 and have recently discovered that there are free downloads of aircraft etc. available via the net. I downloaded a number of texture replacements for the default Boeing 737 but have had a problem getting them to work. I made nine copies of the default plane and installed a new texture on each one, replacing the "Orbit Airlines" texture. However, on using the "select aircraft" feature in FS2000 I found I now had ten default 737s all in the Orbit colour scheme. Can anyone tell me what I did wrong, or what I haven't done to get this to work? The files were unzipped and saved properly and the new colour scheme bitmaps were there in the right place when I checked in Windows Explorer. Any advice will be gratefully received. Thanks.

Timbo

RE: FS2000 Texture Replacements, Help Required.

Wed Apr 18, 2001 5:04 am

This is a strange occurence that seems to happen in FS2000. A couple months ago I downloaded five MelJet 747s and installed them. There were five different names in the list but each one had the same texture. The only thing I can suggest is to swap them in, one at a time.

Sorry
Timbo