FS 98- How To Goto The Gate After Landing?

Thu May 03, 2001 10:11 am

I have not figured out how to goto the gate after you land in FS 98 or start from the gate/pushback for taking off instead of the default line up on the take off runway?
When I use SLEW aircraft moves too fast to control.
Any hints or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
AJ

RE: FS 98- How To Goto The Gate After Landing?

Thu May 03, 2001 10:52 am

Just taxi the airplane.

Thu May 03, 2001 3:24 pm

For pushback activate reverse thrust!

BA747-436

Thu May 03, 2001 6:11 pm

If you feel you have to use "slew" then only press the arrow keys once (just tap it) and you will move a bit, if you want to go faster press it again, and so on. If you want to stop press the centre button in the right hand set of arrows (number 5) for pushback i suggest you use from 1-3 taps on the backwards button as this is how fast airlines push back from the gate. But getting from the ramp ect to the runway is alot more fun taxi-ing there. If you use slew it just makes it realy unrealistic. But it's your choice.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
Hope this answers your question!
regrds
Dan
Dan Valentine - Bad Ass MOFO Photographer

apuneger

Thu May 03, 2001 11:19 pm

Just do like I do:

First of all, try to catch some nice airport scenery, of the airports you like (e.g. Airport 2000 series, or freeware add-ons).

Try to taxi your plane to a gate at your favourite departing airport, e.g. your home town airport. Then save this flight.

Then, set this flight as the startup flight. So, next time you start up FS98, you will sit in your favourite aircraft, ready for pushback at the gate.

For instance, I have saved a flight where the aircraft is docked at the B-pier at BRU. Since then, every time I start FS, I'm ready to depart to anywhere I want: Italy, France, Spain, or even long haul. The only thing that I still have to do is start GPWS98 (great adventure) and Real Weather. Then I'm cleared for the pushback! Very realistic, don't you think?

Happy landings,

Ivan
Ivan Coninx - Brussels Aviation Photography