AeroGlobeAir7
Topic Author

YOKES/JOYSTICKS

Thu May 17, 2001 11:35 am

Hi! I am an avid flight simmer, having nearly 3 years to my credit now, and experience in many types of aircraft (ranging in size from Gliders to LTU MD-11s, and Qantas, Virgin Atlantic, UAL, NWA, and BA 747-400s). I recently received PSS Boeing 777-200Pro (about a month ago actually), and I have been having to fly using my keyboard, which makes the 777 very slow to respond. My old joystick will no longer work, and I was wondering what types of yokes or joysticks are reliable, but cheap (in the $30-$45 range). I am anxious to get my planes flying! My real problem is with my keyboard I have trouble getting the power just right for landing and experience an alarming sink rate just outside the inner-marker, and crash. I used to be great at landings (even with the keyboard), but the keyboard isn't fast enough for me now. Thanks for any help you can give me!

Andrew
AeroGlobeAir7
BABY BOEINGS ALL THE WAY!!!

RE: YOKES/JOYSTICKS

Thu May 17, 2001 4:30 pm

If you want something thats good and cheap get the Microsoft Sidewinder. I found it to be an excelent joystick. Its now available for about $50 CDN. I got mine a year ago and it still works.

jwenting

Thu May 17, 2001 4:46 pm

I'd recommend a Suncom throttle and stick. Not the cheapest (expect $100-$150 for the combination), but definitively worth it.
Add some CH Pro pedals for even better fun.
I wish I were flying

GunFighter 6

Thu May 17, 2001 7:03 pm

I go with Jwenting.
I also have the Suncom set for over two years now and they still work great.  Big thumbs up

And to my knowledge you will not find a cheap Yoke.
these things are quite expensive

jwenting

Thu May 17, 2001 10:26 pm

Do you know if someone has made something like the Suncom software for Win2K?
It does not work (which Suncom acknowledges) and will not be fixed. I asked them if they could release the source so I could port it, but they told me they are unable to as it is owned in part by a 3rd party.
It works, but not being able to store my settings can get annoying sometimes (not that I often fly more than 4 sims in a period).
I wish I were flying

LOT767-300ER

Sat May 19, 2001 11:36 am

Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2  Big thumbs up  Big thumbs up