How To Get A Safety Card W/o It Being Illegal

Sat Jul 07, 2001 2:08 am

How can I get a safety card with out just taking one b/c it is illegal?

RE: How To Get A Safety Card W/o It Being Illegal

Sat Jul 07, 2001 2:16 am

Ask a flight attendent or ticket agent

America West

Sat Jul 07, 2001 8:46 am

Ask the airlines by letter or email.

airlinelover

Tue Jul 10, 2001 2:58 pm

Americawest123 and America West- How often do they let you have them? And what do you ask? Do you just say that you collect them and would like one??? I have wondered about this for a while..

Chris
Lets do some sexy math. We add you, subtract your clothes, divide your legs and multiply

America West

Wed Jul 11, 2001 6:27 am

>>How often do they let you have them?<<

Some airlines have a policy about sending out safety cards. Everytime I email Delta, they always say that they cannot send out safety cards. But, some airlines do. Condor sent me a lot through the mail. It just depends on which airline. Frontier sent some to me. They said that they really never send out safety cards, but they were being replaced on some aircraft and they sent me some old ones. I just asked at the right time. Some airlines will not send ANYTHING out, especially if they have a place where you can order things on their websight. They just want you to spend your money!

>>And what do you ask? Do you just say that you collect them and would like one???<<

That is what I say! I try to make myself sound as professional and as polite as possible. Email only works sometimes. Letters work much better!

sushka

Wed Jul 11, 2001 8:09 pm

Airlines send cards out alot of times. That is how I started my collection. You can aslo have other people steal them for you  Big thumbs up
Pershoyu Spravoyu Litaki!

Thu Jul 12, 2001 3:11 am

Asking the F/As nicely for *A* safety card (not *SOME* safety card*S*, mind you) almost always works. Just ask if they have an extra, and nine times out of ten, they'll walk to the seatback of the last seat in first class (or the first overhead bin in coach, wherever they keep the extras) and grab you one or two. It's not like you're asking them to let you have the second engine, because you read that a B737 can fly on one.

Writing the airlines honestly does not work. They get literally hundreds of requests a day, and simply can't honor all of them, so the vast majority now choose to honor none.

Greg

Thu Jul 12, 2001 4:13 am

Be sneaky...just take one (not five or six...just one).
No one will notice.
And since the airlines would probably give you one anyway...you just saved yourself some time and effort.

elal106

Thu Jul 12, 2001 4:38 am

i 100 percent agree with what N-156F says

"Writing the airlines honestly does not work. They get literally hundreds of requests a day, and simply can't honor all of them, so the vast majority now choose to honor none. "

and on top of it if u r lucky to get one, u telll everyone...

ILOVEA340

Sat Jul 14, 2001 1:28 pm

I personaly usualy just take one.

cramos

Kind Of Off The Topic Here

Sun Jul 15, 2001 10:36 am

Boeing 737-400,

I saw your profile and noticed that you are a pilot in training, I'm also a United fan, and I was wondering if you could visit my message on Visual approach with 737-400, I would value your input on the topic, thank.

Regards