JSC_23
Topic Author

Collecting Safety Cards

Sun Sep 30, 2001 10:18 am

Is it possible to collect safety cards without stealing them of the aircraft.

Cheers
JSC_23
Be a realist...Remain a dreamer!

sushka

RE: Collecting Safety Cards

Sun Sep 30, 2001 11:03 am

Yes! You can always ask the F/A if you can have it and they usually say "yes". Or you can write directly to the airlines and ask really nicely if they could send some to you. I have had lots of luck writing and asking. It is an exxelent way to start your collection.
Pershoyu Spravoyu Litaki!

747 4-ever

Sun Sep 30, 2001 4:12 pm

You can also ask others if they can steal for you... Wink/being sarcastic My father, grandma, grandpa, friends, teacher, grandma's cousin and her friends, people at dad's work etc. has brought safeties for me...

Mr.BA

Sun Sep 30, 2001 6:36 pm

My dad stole for me my first safety card  Smile

alvin
Boeing747 万岁!

SafetyDude

Sun Sep 30, 2001 10:10 pm

I really hate to use the word "steal" unless the Safety Card CLEARLY states DO NOT REMOVE FROM AIRCARFT. I took my first one, a CO 737-300/500 and as far as I am concerned I did it legally. Rather now a days I write and send emails to airlines. When I was at Ontario I went up to some of the gate agents and they gace me some  Smile I'll ask anyone I know to "borrow" a safety card but my best friends I will ask to speak toa F/A. When I was on Air Canada I asked and she said just take them from the seat pocket. Usually if you ask you get more. I haven't had a time when they said NO but if they did, you can always find another F/A or just "borrow" one. Sometimes if they are busy you may as well do them a favor and just take it. It's not the end of the world if you take one from the seat pocket, unless you take one from EVERY seat pocket. At LGA security WAS very lax and you just walk in ask for some Safetys and walk out with 10 then you began with. I always try to get to the airport EXTREMELY early andI try to have a lay over. Good luck with your collection!
-Will
"She Flew For What We Stand For"