Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

brett80211
Topic Author

Flying The Concorde

Mon Oct 01, 2001 2:14 am

After almost a year of trying to accuratly fly the Concorde for FS2000. Now that I can actually land the thing I like to fly it everywhere. Where do you take your concorde? -Brett

jwenting

RE: Flying The Concorde

Mon Oct 01, 2001 2:19 am

nowhere. The fields I normally fly are not large enough to accomodate it.

sushka

Mon Oct 01, 2001 2:58 am

Hello felow Wisconsinite Big grin

I still cant fly the thing! For some reason the autopilot is nit that effective I set an altitude and next thing I notice is that im at 50000 Ft! That is why I stick with the A320 and A330

Mon Oct 01, 2001 3:23 am

For some reason I flew Great Falls (Montana) to JFK?!?!
I took it from LAX to SFO just for kicks! wow 30m sure beats an hour in the 737!

concorde1518

Mon Oct 01, 2001 9:42 am

I know im not too imaginative, but.....

KJFK-EGLL and back.

Smile

fritzi

Tue Oct 02, 2001 11:56 pm

If you want to test your fuel saving ability on the concorde try Vienna (LOWW) to the Maldives (VRMM). I think that the distance is about 4000 nm and I landed with 6 tons of fuel left when I flew it on Saturday. If you want to be a dare devil you can always start off St. Maartens runway which is only 7535 ft long with 94 tons of fuel and fly back to Heathrow (EGLL). Smile

CPH-R

Wed Oct 03, 2001 6:47 am

Why not the revers? I mean, that must be the most awesome view to stand on the beach and see the Concord come storming at you. Would you like to get out of the way? YES!!

Mr.BA

Wed Oct 03, 2001 3:19 pm

I would love to fly the Concorde.. but I just can't understand how it works. So I am now sticking to my B744 and B772 proffesional pack from Justflight.

alvin

lapa_saab340

Wed Oct 03, 2001 4:30 pm

I don't have FS2K, but I do have the Concorde SST add-on for FS98, which is very nice.

I like doing the actual routes flown by Concorde (I know, not very original am I!). These include the inaugural London-Bahrain route, CDG - JFK, LHR - IAD, and the route that already comes programmed with the add-on, LHR to JFK and back.

For the LHR-JFK, CDG-JFK, and London-Bahrain routes, I've obtained the actual waypoints of the routes flown by Air France and British Airways (Tracks Sierra Mike and Sierra November for the North Atlantic routes. I believe there is one more but I don't have the info).
I don't know how good the flight model for the FS2K Concorde is, but this FS98 add-on is superb, and it's really fun trying to accurately follow the flight plan used in the real world. This add-on also comes with a nice inertial navigation system, which lets you program up to 26 waypoints. One neat feature are the groundspeed and time to next waypoint buttons. The first time I flew it I stared in amazement watching the distance to next waypont indicator decrease very quickly!

If any you are interested, I have the waypoint set for the CDG-JFK route in excel spreadsheet form. I'm going to type up the LHR - JFK, LHR - IAD, and LHR - Bahrain routes as well, and I'm trying to find info on the route flown from Bahrain to Singapore as well.

concorde1518

Thu Oct 04, 2001 7:01 am

I love the concorde, but i think that somebody needs to make a better panel LOL

VgnAtl747

Thu Oct 04, 2001 9:38 am

I fly for Virgin International Airlines, and Virgin doesn't have any concordes, so I don't fly them that often.