ly772

X-Plane For The Mac?

Thu Oct 11, 2001 3:37 am

Anybody have X-Plane for the Mac?

How is it?

Is there a good place to download a/c for the Mac?

jared

RE: X-Plane For The Mac?

Thu Oct 18, 2001 2:09 pm

I do.

I love it, the flight model is WAY above MS Flight Sim. It isn't a coincidence that people from experimental plane builders to Boeing buy this sim.

check http://www.x-plane.org to get aircraft.

It isn't about eye candy about about the flight model which as I said surpases MS by FAR.

Sun Oct 21, 2001 1:42 pm

Jared is right, XP ain't for the eye candy folks. Because we all know in the real world...

1) Planes start, with engines running, on the runway
2) There are never any other planes flying or taxiing near you
3) ATC are idiots
4) the world is flat
5) airports are deserted, with no terminals, jetways, vehicles...
6) pilots NEVER fly by using landmarks like roads, tracks and waterways on the ground for navigation

These are all "features" of X-Plane...even into the latest release (disappointment), XPlane 6.0.

But hey, for us Mac users, XP is the only choice until MS Flight Sim is ported to Apple (happening in 2002, hopefully)

ly772

Tue Oct 23, 2001 2:09 am

That's the problem. I don't want to wait another year until I have a flight sim.

christianbothe

Fri Oct 26, 2001 3:16 am

I downloaded the demo from http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/3383
It ignores the joystick after 6 minutes or so, and you are limited to the area of Los Angeles, but you can still fly with the autopilot. I don't think I'll buy the full version, but the demo is nice for some flying around.
However, as the download has a size of 64 MB, it would be handy to have a DSL connection ...or work for company which has  Big grin .

Smile/happy/getting dizzy christian