Mark2102
Topic Author

Difference Between Standard And Professional?

Tue Nov 27, 2001 2:33 pm

What is the difference between professional and standard? Is it the graphics or more airports?

Mark

eal401

RE: Difference Between Standard And Professional?

Tue Nov 27, 2001 6:52 pm

No one ever seems bothered to answer this question. All I know is that Professional has a tool for designing and adding your own scenery and I think about three other aircraft.

Anyone else know anything????

jwenting

Tue Nov 27, 2001 7:19 pm

The Pro version also has more gauges and some more detailed cities.
The extra cities are nice to have, but the gauges will probably become almost essential once larger numbers of 3rd party aircraft become available.

extra aircraft:
Cessna Grand Caravan
Beech Baron

extra features:
multiplayer instructor station. A remote computer can be set up to monitor the flight (and I think also to influence some things).

With FS2000, most of the better aircraft required the Pro edition to work correctly.

get the full laydown on: http://www.microsoft.com/games/fs2002/features.asp
I wish I were flying

eal401

Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:09 pm

The question now, is do people here think the Pro version is worth the extra cash?

Thu Nov 29, 2001 9:46 pm

I don't own either. But I do know that the editor is called G-max. The editor is essentially a stripped down version of Discreet's 3D Studio Max 4. 3D Studio Max 4 retails for around $3000 and some change. You can download G-max for free at Discreet's website. www.discreet.com You will also have to get hold of the FS2002 addon or "gamepack" for FS2002 in order to build planes and scenery for FS2002. This is an extremely powerful tool in the right hands, but it is definitely not for the lighthearted. It comes with some tutorials to get you started and it is very fun, if you want to get "creative".