Freedomair737
Topic Author

Wooster Models....

Thu Dec 20, 2001 5:43 pm

This may have been asked before but are you able to get undercarriage for wooster plastic models (1:200 scale i think). There are holes underneath the fuselage of some models in the place where the wheels are most likely....... Smile

by738

RE: Wooster Models....

Fri Dec 21, 2001 4:00 am

In the late 1980's you were able to get plastic undercarraige wheels from wooster with rubber wheels which fitted into the holes underneath. However airlines who sell the models onboard their aircraft were no longer able to sell them to children as they had too many small parts, as you can imagine a great number of children want these models. All airlines didn't want the wheels anymore and they were stopped. They also caused a lot of bother for wooster as many pieces broke or were missing. I have many sets of these which cost 50p per set. They are very fragile and a lot of them were broken. One of my very first models, an Orion Airways 737 came with a set of wheels.
I think PPC models made them for a while along with ground equipment ( catering trucks and stairs ) but I have enwuired and they too stopped a while back. Collectorsaircraft.co.uk had optional 1/200 scale metal undercarraige wheels that had to be attached with double sided tape. They were not very good though.
So, no luck I am afraid. Why not try the new Herpa plastic 1/200. theya re really good and come with detailed undercarriage wheels.
grantwylie@btinternet.com

Freedomair737
Topic Author

RE: Wooster Models....

Sat Dec 22, 2001 4:10 pm

thanks for your help and info.....will definately look into the new herpa 1:200..... Smile