dc-10 levo

Add-ons For Flight Sim -- Flight Plans

Sat Dec 29, 2001 8:27 pm

Smile Hi everyone!  Smile

I got fs2002 and fs2000 pro for Christmas, with a couple of add-ons for them.
I got PSS 747-400 and 767 Pilot In Command.
I would really like to make flight plans and use these planes, but you cannot see the GPS button when you choose any added on planes. I have not downloaded them, they are proper software.
I haven't a clue of how to use the FMC, that is just mind-boggling!

Is there a way of using these planes and making flight plans?

Thanks for any help/replies!

DC-10 Levo

jwenting

RE: Add-ons For Flight Sim -- Flight Plans

Sat Dec 29, 2001 11:41 pm

There is a comprehensive manual in PDF format for the PSS FMC. It's probably on the CD, or else on their website (the URL is on the box or in the manual somewhere).
Most FMCs are similar. If there is no manual with PIC, the instructions for the PSS FMC will get you up and running.
I wish I were flying

dc-10 levo

Sun Dec 30, 2001 3:51 am

Found the document, but it is very very very hard to understand.  Sad

Could anyone please give me the basics?

Thanks!

DC-10

jwenting

Sun Dec 30, 2001 3:59 am

The manual for the PSS 777 FMC has a tutorial that explains the basics quite well.
The FMC is extremely complicated, don't expect to get it all in a few minutes trying.
Basically, you set the waypoints, altitudes and speeds for your flight and the FMC will direct the autopilot much like the GPS plan would otherwise.
FMC can also automatically insert STARs and DPs (formerly SIDs), calculate fuelrequirements etc.
In real life, other functions are often available as well, like maintenance planning etc.
Another nice FMC tutorial is the one that comes with the Dreamfleet 737 as part of its FMC manual. You can download it at: http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/Downloads/737_manuals.html
Some functions may work slightly differently, but the general idea and available functions are the same.
I wish I were flying