mika

Force Feedback, Worth The Money?

Sun Mar 10, 2002 2:15 am

I'm in need of a new joystick as my old Saitek Cyborg is falling apart more and more (the rudder return thingy that returns the rudder to the middle when you release it is wrecked + some minor stuff). I was thinking of a MS Sidewinder Force feedback or similar stick with force feedback. Now, is Force feedback all that real in FS2002? Iv'e never tried it out so some oppinions would be appriceated.

Craigy

RE: Force Feedback, Worth The Money?

Sun Mar 10, 2002 4:19 am

My wife bought me FS2002 and a joystick for a surpise, and very welcome, Christmas present. The joystick is is a Gravis destroyer xtreme which is not force feedback, but I like it.
Given that the MS F.Feedback joystick is nearly 6x the price at £90.00 (140-ish Euros or dollars), I have decided that if I am going to splash out that kind of money, I will go the whole hog and get a yoke.
Craig.

crank

Sun Mar 10, 2002 4:24 am

It's not worth the money if you fly Airbus, because the real Airbus using sidestick don't even have froce feedback, If you fly Boeing you better get a yoke. Plus, the force feedback function will cut down about 30% of your frame rates.

mika

Sun Mar 10, 2002 4:52 am

Thanx for the advice guys. I'm probably gonna go with a ordinary MS Sidewinder or something similar.

BTW, i have a strange problem with my Saitek stick (it's the Game port version, not the USB one). It constantly keeps making these very fast but very annoying movements just like i was pulling the stick and throttle all over the place even though i'm not doing anything with it. It's very hard to land smaller planes like it is now, it's like you have strong gusts of wind pulling your plane left/right and up/down very quickly. I figured that it may be some interference or something that gets in through the joystick cable. Are Game port joysticks more prone to this kind of stuff than USB ones? Iv'e used this stick on 3 different computers and it's all been the same and now it's gotten worse.

VgnAtl747

Mon Mar 11, 2002 12:03 am

I recently bought a Sidewinder Force Feedback 2, to replace my Force Feedback 1. Its WELL WORTH IT!!!  Smile
Work Hard. Fly Right. Continental Airlines

Lindy

Mon Mar 11, 2002 1:39 am

I bought it two weeks ago. Force Feedback 2 for $99 and I love it. This joystick is adding 50% more of realism to your game.
BWIADCA - Nikon D100

BA

Mon Mar 11, 2002 3:26 am

What I want is a yoke.

What's the cheapest one out there?

Regards
"Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need." - Khalil Gibran