AdamHarvard
Topic Author

Will MS Release A Patch For Fs2k2?

Sat Mar 16, 2002 11:31 pm

There a numerous issues that need to be adressed in fs2002 despite the fact that it is an all round excellent sim! For example the ILS approaches can still be unreliable in any aircraft and there are various scenery conflicts and ATC probs....The framerates could maybe be 'tweaked' (just as both fs2000 patches helped things in this department)......Does anyone know if there is any word on a patch?

jwenting

RE: Will MS Release A Patch For Fs2k2?

Sun Mar 17, 2002 8:02 am

I don't see ANY issues serious enough to warrant a patch. An update maybe, but not a patch (difference is that a patch fixes serious issues that cause the product to be useless to customers where an update carries improvements that are not bugfixes and fixes non-critical errors).
An patch is usually issued quickly and comes with warnings as there is not enough time for serious testing (it's an emergency measure after all). An update is a fully tested release and usually carries a new minor version number as well.

We might see a service pack or update at some point, but with a game they are not that common and personally I'd rather see the development team concentrate their resources on getting the next version of FS even better than this one already is.
I wish I were flying

mika

Sun Mar 17, 2002 11:08 am

I'm positive that we'll see a patch/update, whatever you wanna call it to fs2002. I have yet to see a game that there haven't been released a update to.

777-200

Sun Mar 17, 2002 12:19 pm

Adam Harvard said, For example the ILS approaches can still be unreliable in any aircraft

I haven't had any probs with ILS Appoaches...
Another Day, Another Dollar.... Young Jeezy

Sun Mar 17, 2002 9:25 pm

The only little thing I find anoying is the textures that sometimes stay blurry, even when you get up close.