jcxp15

Help! My FS2002 Doesn't Work At All...

Sun Mar 31, 2002 2:40 am

It seems like I've spent the last 2 days trying to get my FS2002 to work. You see, I got it around XMAS, and all worked fine, and I was very content with it for 3 months. But then, about 2 weeks ago, FS started acting erratically. Sometimes it would freeze up in flight, other times, it wouldn't even load. Then, the other day, I could not even get into FS2002. I would insert the CD, and click on the logo (for some reason auto-run doesn't work with my FS2002), and a black screen would pop up, and it would freeze. (This black screen also had a thin blue messed up stripe at the top.) Other times, I could get into FS2002, but then it wouldn't load once i selected my flight plan etc...

So anyway, I uninstalled FS2002, and tried re-installing it. But, to my surprise, while installing it, it got stuck at 52% and said that it couldn't load Anchor.CAB. To make sure that it wasn't already on my computer, I searched for it (wasn't there). My hardrive has plenty of room on it, so that's not a problem. I also disabled every application except Explorer and Systray and tried installing it, but it didn't work. The disks are in great shape, and my video and sound cards exceed the required ones.

Has this happened to anyone? And is there a way to fix it. I guess I might have to resort to Microsoft assistance if no one can help me here.

Thanks a lot!

crank

RE: Help! My FS2002 Doesn't Work At All...

Sun Mar 31, 2002 3:03 am

the only solution I can think of is re-installing windows, and if that doesnt work ask Microsoft for new CDs