mon330
Topic Author

FS2002 Weather Problems

Fri Apr 05, 2002 3:52 am

I wonder if anyone else has come across this problem. Recently, my Flight Simulator weather has a mind of its own. The Visibility tab in the Advanced Weather section has by default unlimited visibility above 10,000ft and user-selected visibility, say, 10 miles, beneath. However, mine has now started to have 100,000ft, which means it is VERY misty at cruising altitudes.

I have tried various solutions to this, namely using Clear All Weather and Real World Weather, but it still doesn't fix it. If I try and change it from 100,000ft to 10,000ft, it just changes itself back again! I have even completely reinstalled it, but to no avail.

Could add-ons have any influence? It worked fine for the first few weeks I had it without any other aircraft. But I cannot see how they would have an affect.

Has anyone had similar problems? Any help appreciated.

flyingbronco05

RE: FS2002 Weather Problems

Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:39 am

I have no idea what happened, but within the last 2 weeks, FS2002 has had problems with "Real time" weather on my computer.

For example, a few days ago the weather at KBOS was down to 1/2 mile and Overcast at 800 feet with rain. I decided to fly there on my computer. When I got there, it was perfectly clear. I refreshed the real weather 3 times and each time the weather on the game was clear. I made sure it was a problem on the game by going to a weather website which still reported horrible weather.

Again tonight, I flew out of KAZO, which right now is perfectly clear. The game shows it raining with wind at 250 at 18. There is no wind at all here in Kalamazoo.

I have erased all "real world" weather 5 times and even restarted my computer and it's till doing that.

What can I do to get the "real" weather back?!
Never Trust Your Fuel Gauge

Newark777

Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:42 am

I've just stopped using real weather. When I use it, all the ground textures turn to grey, making it impossible to taxi. Very frustrating.  Sad

Harry
Why grab a Heine when you can grab a Busch?

flyingbronco05

Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:58 am

Well I found this on microsoft's webpage:

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;841214

It didn't help any  Sad
Never Trust Your Fuel Gauge