Ciro
Topic Author

Airline Management Games

Mon Apr 29, 2002 12:44 am

Hi all,

I used to play a very fun PC game called "Air Bucks"... That was in the early 90s and since than I haven´t heard of any other simulation airline game.

Would you have any suggestions?

Thanks!
The fastest way to become a millionaire in the airline business is to start as a billionaire.

Thomas_Jaeger

RE: Airline Management Games

Mon Apr 29, 2002 12:49 am

Together with other guys from Germany and Austria I'm currently working on a new online airline simulation game where you can compete with other real players. However, it will most probably only be available in German, should anyone be interested have a look at www.flight-base.de/airlinesim

Best regards
Thomas
Swiss aviation news junkie living all over the place

carnoc

Mon Apr 29, 2002 12:50 am

I know there was a Chinese PC game called CAAC or something like that, it is a great airline management game, but you could not find it now. I think it was on sale 10 years ago and it produced by a Chinese PC game production company.

dan330

Mon Apr 29, 2002 1:07 am

There was one released not long ago called Airline Tycoon although it wasn't really serious.

Another one is Airline - Australian game which is probably the most detailed around. I've had it for a while but not tried it out yet. See http://www.airlinesimulation.com for more info.

Also theres a free one called Airpro available on the web although I forget where from.

There are a few posts about this sort of thing on the Hobby forum so you may find more info there.

timdegroot

Mon Apr 29, 2002 1:08 am

There's a game called airline tycoon out there too, but it's childish and unrealistic, which is a pitty, because the only management game I have is Air Bucks and that's a bit outdated.
Alderman Exit

ktliem@YVR

Mon Apr 29, 2002 2:00 am

If your interest is more academic, this site describing a business simulation called "AIRLINE: A Strategic Management Simulation Game" from Florida Atlantic University might interest you http://home.att.net/~simulations/airline/airline.htm#DECISIONS%20TO%20BE%20MADE

This is not a computer simulation or game, but a serious business simulation for a strategic mgmt course where teams compete against each other.

b757300

Mon Apr 29, 2002 2:22 am

Airbucks sucked.

Anyone remember the old Sega Genesis games "Aerobiz" and later "Aerobiz Supersonic"? Those were a hoot. I still have both stored with my old Sega Genesis somewhere in my closet.
"There is no victory at bargain basement prices."

ual777contrail

Mon Apr 29, 2002 6:06 am

b757300,
those games rocked!
i also have airline tycoon and it is very unrealistic. it sucks.

ual 777 contrail

SAS-A321

Mon Apr 29, 2002 7:01 am

Airpro can be found on this page: www.cruiseferry.de/airpro
There's also an online management game under way, it can be found here: www.managair.org
It's Scandinavian

ripcordd

Mon Apr 29, 2002 11:34 pm

aerobiz supersonic for sega is an awsome game you can play it on your pc...just look for a sega emulator and aerobiz supersonic roms......i still think it is one of the best airline games on the market

Super Em

Tue Apr 30, 2002 4:47 am

Aerobiz and Aerobiz Supersonic were the best. I still have my copy for the SNES.