Captain.MD-11

Flightsim Rudder Pedals

Thu May 09, 2002 2:56 am

I am looking to buy the CH Pro Pedals (USB) package for flight simulator. Living in the U.K. does anybody know of any places that sell them cheaper than £119, or is there a way of getting them shipped from the U.S. at a discount? The U.S. price is roughly £69!

Cheers Big grin
Twins,twins, everywhere.... but where are the three holers?

RE: Flightsim Rudder Pedals

Thu May 09, 2002 11:30 am

I don't know, because I live "across the pond," but I have read many great reviews on them, and I'd like to get them myself. I love the CH yoke, though! Great feel and responsiveness.

Captain.MD-11

Thu May 09, 2002 10:17 pm

Yeah I have the CH USB Yoke and it is superb!I am trying to build a home cockpit so I can practice for my IR.It is just so expensive in Europe to do it!
Twins,twins, everywhere.... but where are the three holers?

V1..Rotate.. V2

Fri May 10, 2002 12:11 am

Maybe you know, MD-11. I posted about how to assign reverse thrust to the yoke, but no one has responded. Were you able to assign a button on the yoke, or do you just hold down F2. I didn't see anywhere on FS2K2 or the CH documentation on how to assign.

Thanks,

Doug

KALB

RE: Flightsim Rudder Pedals/Control Assignments

Fri May 10, 2002 1:03 am

Doug,

You should be able to do it through "options" on the tool bar, then open "assignments". In assignments, there is a keyboard assignment (which is the default assignment), Then a column for "joystick assignment"(in which you can assign a joystick button to a particular function. I have assigned the gear lever, flaps, and trim to my joystick (CH Pro yoke with rudder pedals) buttons.

V1..Rotate.. V2

Fri May 10, 2002 1:50 am

Thanks, KALB. I've had no problems figuring how to assign buttons, but I couldn't find reverse thrust as an option. My old Logitech Wing Man gave it as an option, but I don't see how to add it to my CH yoke. This is obviously an important part of landing and with two hands on the yoke (one finger for the brake button and the other for the spoilers), I really don't have a way to press F2 as I'm landing, trying to slow down and stay tracking straight on the runway. Do you have a suggestion for a better way I can incorporate all this?

Thanks,

Doug

KALB

Fri May 10, 2002 2:46 am

I am at my work PC right now, so I'll have to wait until I get home to figure it out. I have my yoke and pedals set up permanently on a TV tray, and I position it so the monitor is in front, but my keyboard is off my right side. On landing I use my left hand to manage the yoke, feet on the rudder pedals, and I use my right hand to hit F2. On the Boeings I use the autobrake and sometimes I don't bother with reverse thrust, esp. on longer runways.

V1..Rotate.. V2

Fri May 10, 2002 3:57 am

thanks, I'll try to set something like that up as well...and wait for any additional suggestion from you, if forthcoming.

Doug

KALB

Mon May 13, 2002 10:41 pm

Doug,

I did assign the F2 function to one of the buttons on the yoke, but all I could get to happen was for the throttle to close. I couldn't get reverse thrust, even when holding down the button for an extended time.

V1..Rotate.. V2

Tue May 14, 2002 7:39 am

Thanks for trying. It's odd that they wouldn't let you assign a button for such a critical part of the landing.

Doug