SierraAir
Topic Author

Calgary, Canada ... Where Is It? Help!

Thu May 23, 2002 8:49 pm

I recently took a little trip to Calgary (CYYC) both in reality and virtually. I took the actual trip about a week ago and fell in love with the city. But that, of course, is another story. When I went back in FS2002, I noticed that there really was no city. The city was there with all the expected AutoGen, but something was missing... oh! Downtown! Where are all the buildings? Calgary has quite a few tall skyscrapers, plus the Calgary Tower. All are missing from FS02. Not to mention that the elevation changes are a little off, but that happens in a lot of places. Has anyone seen any scenery for Calgary that could possibly fix these problems? If not, is anyone willing to fix them for me and all the others out there that deserve a true Calgary! (Okay, I'm off my soapbox) I would greatly appreciate any help anyone has to offer. Thanks.

Brian

zrb2

RE: Calgary, Canada ... Where Is It? Help!

Thu May 23, 2002 9:04 pm

I think the only cities in Canada that got more than just minimal scenery are Vancouver, Toronto & Montreal. Somebody out there must be working on a scenery update for Calgary. There are several fairly large cities in the USA that also have next to nothing for scenery.

CP97-1B

Fri May 24, 2002 4:02 am

There is a virtual airline called "Air Canadian Virtual", and I am pretty certain they have a scenery download for Calgary. However, the scenery patch is only gor FS2000, so I dont know if you can adapt it to FS2002. Im have no idea when it comes to that scenery manipulation stuff, but I am certain you can find it in the forums somewhere. Anyway, just go to www.aircanadian.com and then go into the hanger, and that is where the scenery section is. Hope this helps, I am from Edmonton, to the north of Calgary, in case you didnt know. Well have fun flying and good luck!

Cheers,

Paul

Westjet_737

Sun May 26, 2002 2:54 am

I've been wondering about the lack of representation for Calgary for quite a while. It really is too bad. That Air Canadian scenery is nice, but it sure ain't' perfect. (The buildings are nothing close to real, just fake boxes.) Hopefully one day we'll be able to see it like this (Please check out the pic, its a little old 1992 or so, so it is missing a few of our tallest buildings but its still pretty nice) http://www.canadian-wellsite.com/images/Photo%20Gallery/Calgary.gif