B777
Topic Author

Freeware A320/330 Panel On Avsim

Sat Jun 08, 2002 5:11 am

Just want to let 'bus drivers know that there is an awsome A320/330 panel that was added to Avsim's file library recently. Go to Avsim.com and search under "file library." It really gives a feel of an Airbus cockpit.

Regards

James

ExpressJet_ERJ

RE: Freeware A320/330 Panel On Avsim

Sat Jun 08, 2002 8:56 am

Hmmm.... Could'nt find it. Whats the ID?
ETOPS...Engines Turn Or People Swim

B777
Topic Author

Sat Jun 08, 2002 9:22 am

ERJ,

The file name is: a320p11.zip

Miguel Angel Álvarez and Jorge Salas are the authors.

The panel is designed for FS2002. Just flew it on a short flight between ATL and GSP. It's a keeper!

If you are looking for great A320 panels for FS2000 or FS98, check under file library at www.fsnordic.net.

Regards,

James

PS: You must like the ERJs, my parents are flying on one coming back from a trip! I hope to fly on one someday.

ExpressJet_ERJ

Sat Jun 08, 2002 10:06 am

Thanks James! ERJs are very nice aircraft.I love 'em. Hehe I think they'll be happy w/it.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

jwenting

Sat Jun 08, 2002 3:55 pm

Tried that panel when it was released several months ago and didn't like it at all. It does work, more or less, which is more than most other freeware panels (sadly the quality has dropped considerably over the last year or so, guess everyone is too busy with making AI traffic plans which is easier).
I wish I were flying

ExpressJet_ERJ

Sun Jun 09, 2002 6:41 am

B777, I d-loaded the panel and I tried to put it on my JB 320. But it won't work! I looked in the readme, but it says nothing about installing it. thanks!

B777
Topic Author

Tue Jun 11, 2002 10:30 am

What is the exact problem? I can tell you the problem I had. The panel didn't show up initially after I installed it. I looked at the readme file and it says that there are two panel.cfg files included and that you had to choose one depending on if you had the two gauges it listed in your gauges file (FSNav and AGP-something). The name of the panel config file that you would like to use should be changed to read "panel"

After that the panel showed up. You might want to look at the readme file again and also make sure you have the gauges from the download in the main FS 2002 gauges file and sound in the main FS 2002 sound file . Hope it helps. Everything works as far as I can see (autopilot, overhead, etc) and I have already done several flights with it with no problems. Keep in mind the autopilot in this panel doesn't work like the typical default panel and you need to experiment to figure how it works (that's how I found out how everything worked  Smile ). Happy flying!

James