Does Anyone A Joystick That They Could Send Me?

Thu Jul 04, 2002 1:40 pm

I just brought flight Unlimited 2 and it requires a joystick does anyone have an old one that they no longer use that they could send me?
If so that would be awesome.
Thanks very much
Ryan Healey

crank

RE: Does Anyone A Joystick That They Could Send Me?

Thu Jul 04, 2002 1:58 pm

Why don't you save up and buy one? They're not that expensive, I paid mine 30 CAN$ (20 USD) and it does the job.

Thu Jul 04, 2002 2:31 pm

All the money I get I save and spend on flying lessons. There is no point in spending money when someone might have a joystick that they no longer use that they could give me.
Thanks

EGFF

Thu Jul 04, 2002 10:42 pm

I have a few lying around but they are all bust, but i can still send you one if you want?  Big thumbs up Do you have a newspaper with Ads in where your from? Check in there you can usually find a cheap one that does the job  Smile
EGFF
All together or not at all

propilot83

Fri Jul 05, 2002 4:00 am

I dont think anyone would give you an old joystick, cause I had a four button joystick and it doesnt work that good anymore and so I gave it to my brother but he doesnt use it, cause its jacked up. So I bought a new one with a throttle from Radio Shack last Sept. 2001 only for $10.00 on sale, the actual price was like $30.00. Save up and buy one or ask your parents to buy you one!!!!!!!!

Good Luck,
Mostafa

Continental

Sun Jul 07, 2002 6:43 am

I don't think $30 is much especially saving for flight lessons. Lessons for PPL here are $3200, and spending $30 will make no difference at all!

Continental

Sun Jul 07, 2002 9:07 am

$30 is a big deal considering I only make $6 a week.
Ryan
P.S I can't work anymore because of studies and sport.

Gerry

Sun Jul 07, 2002 10:12 pm

I have a Gravis Black Hawk Digital Joystick with a serial port connector. You are welcome to have it. It has a Point of View switch (POV) and throttle control amongst other things. Software is available from the net. E_ Mail me the details and I will send it off!

neilalp

Sun Jul 07, 2002 10:24 pm

But a Joystick....I'm not sure if you live be a Compusa, but sometime the back page of their flyer they have pay $20 then a $19.99 rebate for the product. I think they sometimes have joysticks as the product...just look around. All you have to do is pay the state tax. Where it might cost you more to pay someone to ship it to you.

$6 a week?? I know everyone has a busy schedule and can't work that much, but I think people working in the 40's working more hours than you made more. Isn't $6 almost the min. wage now? So that is an hour of work. But yes studying should come first. Sports, well if your good great if not I find them to be a waste of time. If you need excercise go and run. But Sr. at $6 a week and flight lessons $70 per hour....I don't see how it can work.

Best of luck though!

Mon Jul 08, 2002 7:28 am

Neilalp
The $6 is for a paper run that I do every Sunday morning. I play rep soccer and next week I am trialing for the National team. I run every day, I have pratise 3 days a week as well as 2 games on Saturday and sometimes a game on Sunday. I also play squash the other 2 days of the week. Currently I am number 1 in Hawkes Bay and I have to train hard to do so. As well as doing 1 hour of homehork a night I have no other time. I don't get to bed till around 11 each night. Sport and flying is my life. I have no time to do anything else. I want to but things just don't work out like that. These holidays I have made $300 for cleaning out shit from trucks. I have 8 hours flying so far from saving every penny. I now have $2000 to put towards more hours. Every one of those dollars goes to the bank and some to the tax man. Sure I could be out going to parties every weekend getting drunk taking drugs. But my goal is to be a comercial pilot and I will do anything to do so.

Thanks everyone for your help.
Gerry I will e-mail you my address
Thanks very much

neilalp

Mon Jul 08, 2002 8:30 pm

Ryan,

No where do I want to pick a fight and I think it is good that your saving every dollar for flying. No questions asked about that. I have nothing against sports, but is an aviation college going to look at you being #1 in the area and playing soccer for 10 years? So if in NZ they do points at colleges, that may get you a point or two. If you not going to be a soccer star I'm not sure why you push youself that much. But thats up to you. It is your decision. And no where did I ever say I go out go parties and get drunk and waste my money. If that is your idea of Americans then you have lots to learn and that not all Americans take drugs, drink, and have sex all day long.

So once again I hope you find a joystick.
And good luck with your flying carrer.

JSC_23

Wed Jul 10, 2002 4:59 pm

Wouldn't it cost more to ship one over here than to just go out and buy a cheap one?
AirNZSaab340: where abouts are you learning to fly?

JSC_23
Be a realist...Remain a dreamer!

Thu Jul 11, 2002 7:31 am

I'm learing to fly in Hastings New Zealand. And gerry has already sent one over it will be here by the end of the week.
Ryan

NZ767

Thu Jul 11, 2002 9:59 pm

Good on ya Ryan and keep up with those sports. As well as keeping you fit, it breeds discipline and stamina, both important attributes for your flying training.

BTW, Does anyone have a Porshe that they no longer use? I think mine's on it's last legs! Big grin